This is a rare opportunity to acquire a contemporary townhouse that is crowned with a stunning roof terrace situated in the heart of Edinburgh’s Georgian New Town. This stylish three-bedroom property is located on a peaceful residential street close to all the restaurants, bars and independent stores in the vibrant neighbourhood of Stockbridge.
The main door property offers versatile entertaining and living spaces over three floors and features many striking architectural features and design touches. Property highlights include the expansive open plan living-dining- entertaining space that has a spiral staircase that leads up to a rooftop terrace where you can enjoy spectacular unobstructed views across the historic city’s rooftops.
The well-maintained, and unfurnished, property is presented to the market as an excellent opportunity for the private buyer or for the buy-to-let investor looking to purchase an exceptional property in a prime city centre location.
SUMMARY OF ACCOMMODATION
Entrance Vestibule, Utility Room
Hall, Two Under Stairs Deep Storage Cupboards, Double Bedroom Two, Double Bedroom Three, Bathroom & Spiral Staircase Access to Principal Bedroom, Second Bathroom
Principal Bedroom, Open Plan Sitting -Dining-Kitchen & Spiral Staircase Access to Rooftop
Rooftop Glass-Enclosed Sunroom, Rooftop Sun Terrace
Permit & Metered Parking is available on Dean Bank Lane and Saxe-Coburg Place
Alarm System, Gas Central Heating
The property is ideally positioned to benefit from Stockbridge’s bustling village atmosphere, specialist independent shops, restaurants, bars, cafes and its weekly Sunday market.
The property sits adjacent to Stockbridge Primary School and behind Stockbridge Library and is just a few minutes’ walk from Glenogle Swim Centre, a beautiful restored Victorian pool with a gym and fitness studios. Also close by is the members-only Grange Cricket, Tennis & Squash Club and leafy Inverleith Park where you’ll find community tennis courts and a children’s play park. It’s also just a short walk to the world-renowned Royal Botanic Garden whilst The Water of Leith pathway is easily accessible.
The property is well served by several convenience stores with a Scotmid and Sainsbury’s Local nearby whilst there is a Waitrose in Stockbridge and a M&S and Sainsbury’s at the nearby Craigleith Retail Park.
The property sits within the school catchment area for Stockbridge Primary and Broughton High School. There are plenty of private schools available locally at Edinburgh Academy, Fettes College, Erskine Stewart’s Melville Schools (ESMS) and St George’s School for Girls.
The property lies within comfortable walking distance of the city centre, many of the Scottish capital’s world-class tourist attractions and the recently opened St James Quarter, an upmarket retail and entertainment complex. Also within easy reach is Waverley Train Station whilst the excellent tram and bus network offers efficient access to Edinburgh International Airport.
· Entrance Hall: The property is accessed from a quiet one-way residential street. The front door opens into the entrance vestibule where a wide staircase leads up to access the two upper storeys.
· Utility Room: The utility room features an integrated sink, washing machine, base storage units and a black granite worktop.
· Bathroom: This spectacular and spacious bathroom serves the principal bedroom on the second floor and is connected by way of a spiral staircase. The wood-floored room features a striking blue-marble standalone bathtub, shower cubicle, dual wash basin unit, heated towel rail & WC. The room has plenty of natural light from two windows and a frosted glass block window feature.
· Bedroom 2&3: There are two good-sized double bedrooms on this floor both with wood flooring and windows that overlooks the impressive Victorian architecture of the adjacent building. The larger of the two bedrooms has an in-built fitted double wardrobe whilst the smaller of the two could easily be used as a home office.
· Family Bathroom: This bathroom features a shower cubicle, oversized bath, wash basin, heated towel rail & WC. There is a shelved laundry cupboard.
· Principal Bedroom: Accessed from both this floor and from the spiral staircase that ascends from the first-floor bathroom, this generously sized room has two large windows and an in-built fitted wardrobe with sliding doors.
· Sitting-Dining-Kitchen Room: This expansive open plan space with polished pale wood flooring is an outstanding visual statement that is bathed in natural light from a row of windows that run along each side of the room. In the heart of the room there is a spiral staircase that leads up to the rooftop terrace. The room features both floor plug sockets and spotlights as well as a standalone Barbas wood burning stove. The well-equipped modern kitchen offers top-quality integrated appliances including a SMEG dishwasher, Bosch oven, Bosch microwave, Bosch induction hob, a Baumatic fridge/freezer and a double stainless-steel sink. There is plenty of storage available in the base and upper cupboards and drawers.
· The spiral staircase leads up to the rooftop glass-encased sunroom. From the sunroom a door opens out to the stunning sun terrace that comprises a large, paved area bordered with pebbles. There is ample room for sunbathing and dining al fresco whilst enjoying the magnificent panoramic and unobstructed views of the surrounding Georgian architecture and the leafy parks.
Proof and Source of Funds / Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only appliances specifically mentioned in the sales particulars are included in the sale price. In all other aspects the treatment of fixtures and fittings within the relevant Conveyancing Standard Clauses apply.
Gas central heating, mains water, gas and electricity, broadband, telephone (subject to telephone providers’ regulations.)
Council Tax Band Category: G
By appointment through Rettie & Co, 11 Wemyss Place, Edinburgh EH3 6DH. Tel: 0131 220 4160.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contract in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Particulars prepared September 2021 – First Issue